Sunday 10 January 2010

A Rainbow Roll

So excited I've got something to show you!  I've been wanting to make a pencil roll for my girls for ages and this morning I thought I would do it!  And I did! 



Its based very heavily on Cassie's brilliant Tutorial from You Go Girl, the only difference is I didn't bind the edges but sandwiched the layers together I also added a pencil sharpener as there's nothing worse than blunt pencils when you have a masterpiece to finish. 






I pinned the right sides together and then stitched round leaving a gap to turn the piece through. 


The corners were trimmed before turning and then poked with a sharp stick to make the corners sharp. 



A close up of the vintage buttons used that we found in my collection I inherited from my mothers stash. 




I often get these desires to make things I've seen and usually I assume that I haven't got the fabric but having sorted out my fabric stash I realised I have more than I thought so this morning instead of procrastinating I got on with it, which I'm going to make my motto for 2010!  And I know what you are going to say I should be finishing my WIP projects but but but I need a zip for my skirt and the weather has been too horrible to go to town to get a zip!  Anyway thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  Theres been a bit of a thaw so maybe I'll get down there tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks so cute in Pink. Very nice attempt. I loved the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete