Today has been a home day, the girls and I had nothing to do and nowhere to be and as the weather was rubbish we stayed at home. Miss M received Blast Lab Project Book for her last birthday and spent most of the last week pouring over it deciding which project to do, this resulted in a curious shopping list including red cabbage, lemon juice and nail varnish remover! This was what we managed to achieve today
- Miss M Maths Homework
- Miss C starting some more crystals for her Crystal Garden
- Extracting pH indicator from red cabbage
This was really cool, we used all sorts of stuff like lemon juice, lime juice, vinegar, even toilet cleaner to see what happens. This is what happens when you mix them ALL together including vinegar and bicarb of soda!
- extracting DNA from saliva using nail varnish remover (how CSI of us!)
- Making Home Made Peanut Butter for lunch although we added a little extra honey to make it sweeter
- Home Made Jammie Dodgers, I didn’t manage to join in with Karen's Pyjama Party but at least I can make the recipe!
- A very little bit of sewing for me
- A lot of Lego playing for the girls
- Home made Chicken Nuggets for tea
- Watching Matilda with the kids
- Watching The Voice
- Having a well earned rest!!!!!!!!!
I can’t believe how much we did today although I didn’t manage to get Miss M to get dressed all day! Today was a good day, spending it with the girls and managing to do the things they’ve asked to do instead of being ‘too busy’, or ‘later’, today was a day for grabbing the bull by the horns and enjoying the things we’ve done.
How about you, did you have a lazy day or busy day?